THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > News, Social issues and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Helloween

Default Photos from Syria

I've been checking out these photos on CNN from Syria, what a fucking mess! These photos are pretty dramatic and some are kind of grusome, you can't look at these photos and feel anything but sorrow for the people caught up in this, why the fuck isn't someone doing something to help these people!?!?

I don't want the U.S. to be "the Worlds policemen" but fuck, what is happening there is pretty damn brutal, gotta feel sorry for the kids especially.There are ALOT of photos and it took me some time to get through them but they are worth checking out...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/middle...html?hpt=hp_t3
Be Careful Tonight!
Helloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
BS2K
Admin

No words My friend. No words
BS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
Doozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloween View Post
I've been checking out these photos on CNN from Syria, what a fucking mess! These photos are pretty dramatic and some are kind of grusome, you can't look at these photos and feel anything but sorrow for the people caught up in this, why the fuck isn't someone doing something to help these people!?!?

I don't want the U.S. to be "the Worlds policemen" but fuck, what is happening there is pretty damn brutal, gotta feel sorry for the kids especially.There are ALOT of photos and it took me some time to get through them but they are worth checking out...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/middle...html?hpt=hp_t3
Not sure of all the motives (likely mostly economic), but Russia and China keep rejecting Western efforts and veto-ing UN resolutions for sanctions meant to help put an end to what's going on there. Short of troops on the ground (invasion), not sure what the US can or should do under those circumstances.
Doozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
Doozy

Here's an interesting opinion piece that breaks down some of the chronology of what has transpired:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...a-failed-syria
Doozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #5
Becks

I'm wondering when, or if, Assad will lose control of his military. Normally once a leader has lost control of their military, they're ousted pretty quickly.
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Joy

This coin has two sides. In Syria the both sides are equally guilty about the brutality of the situation. Very sad, indeed, but we also have huge financial dependences there.

And an UN resolution did not solve any world problem.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
MACHINE

Any nudies?
Just kidding.
Fucked up.
Wouldnt bother me if the US got involved, like in LIBYA..........no ground troops, and all the blood spilled being that of SYRIANS.
Hope the GOVT that follows, if ASSAD is disposed, is one that is friendly to the US.......but wont freak out if it isnt.
Support the right of folks to decide their GOVT, whatever the result(s) may be.....they can always be taken care of, later, if they turn out to be a real threat.
MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #8
Helloween

I saw the news today that a border incident happened where a mortar or artillery shell from Syria fell on a town in Turkey and destroyed a house killing five civilians, 3 children and 2 women were killed. Turkey retaliated and fired artillery at a Syrian Army post.
NATO issued a statement that it stands by Turkey and such, guess we'll have to see how, or if, this escalates tensions between Turkey and Syria.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88J0X720121003
Be Careful Tonight!
Helloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
Joy

Article 5 of NATO treaty says, the alliance is obliged to help a country in direct teritorial threat. They will not dare to offer this help, I think.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
Goddess

Sooner or later the NATO has to help Turkey if this shooting over the border will not stop.
In the end the NATO treaty says when one member nation is attacked, all the other nations behave like they are attacked to. That does not necessarily mean military help.

Now we have civil wars in Egypt and Syria.
Hooray!
And at least in Syria with German weapons by Heckler und Koch....
Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote