THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > News, Social issues and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
CaptainChaos
Don't Mention the War

Default North Korea

How can North Korea continue to get away with the shit that they do, and are threatening to do?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21950069
Old 03-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Yam

Methinks America will have something to say...and do if they carry on.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Little Dreamer

I'm shocked at how arrogant they are!
However I think that if they take any stupid action, the South and the States will crush them away!
Little Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
MACHINE

Just talk, mainly meant for internal consumption (and prolly to get more aid in order to calm down), imo.
Would suck if they did do something.
Potential for massive casualties along the DMZ, and maybe as far south as SEOUL, on the AMERICAN/ ROK side.
They would lose badly, and rather quickly, after any initial success they might have, though.....so don't see anything happening.
Certainly wont stop continuing to vacation in ROK.
Not concerned for my in-laws.
Will prolly retire there.
MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
magister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHINE View Post
Just talk, mainly meant for internal consumption (and prolly to get more aid in order to calm down), imo.
Would suck if they did do something.
Potential for massive casualties along the DMZ, and maybe as far south as SEOUL, on the AMERICAN/ ROK side.
They would lose badly, and rather quickly, after any initial success they might have, though.....so don't see anything happening..
This. They do this kind of thing just to receive significant humanitarian aid - which they have already received from USA etc. like 30 times. They won't do anything and that's for sure. The Kims may be psychopathic wackos constantly driving their country to ruin and starvation but they aren't that stupid to begin a war they can't win.

Though they may share some technologies/weapons/info with terrorist organisations and that's the real threat from their side.
magister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
BrianEn

It's just insanity on their part. Those Kims have been living in absollute power for so long that they don't have any idea on how to play nicely with others.
I don't think the States does too much other than sabre rattle back to keep them from doing anything really stupid. Plus look look the army they have there. I think a ground war with that army would be a tactical nightmare.
BrianEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Never Satisfied

I know this sounds ignorant and simple but can't we just find a way to send a drone up Kim's ass? All those millions of people suffering while that fat little punk just gets fatter... Interesting perspective from Machine btw...I know very little about Korea and whats actually at stake over there. I appreciate your passion for Korea and Asian things in general and it has certainly added a lot to your input here in the forums
Old 03-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
PK68

Well Kim isn't the only problem. If he goes there is just another shithead to take his place. There are plenty more where he came from unfortunately. Most of the time those types only respond to getting their asses kicked. Hopefully it won't come to that.

I am the darkness, born out of light!!!
PK68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
MACHINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
I know this sounds ignorant and simple but can't we just find a way to send a drone up Kim's ass? All those millions of people suffering while that fat little punk just gets fatter... Interesting perspective from Machine btw...I know very little about Korea and whats actually at stake over there. I appreciate your passion for Korea and Asian things in general and it has certainly added a lot to your input here in the forums
Imagine those in charge of things like that figure the following power struggle in the ARMY would be chaos (not just as far as causing difficulties for those involved, but everyone), and possibly end w/ a just as big, if not bigger, douchebag running things.
Plus, it would trigger a response, imo.....and the causualties would probably be significant (even if the response was 'only' ARTILLERY, and didn't involve INFANTRY/ ARMOR).
And then that would trigger a reponse by US/ROK.
And so on.
My guess, for what little it's worth.

Remember, on one hand, always having a blast patrolling the DMZ.....while on the other, thinking were nothing but fucking human tripwires w/ (basically) a mission to die in place, if the shit goes down and this becomes a giant meat grinder, .

Thank you, kind sir.
You have a great weekend.

One of my faves from KOREA (LEE SU JUNG):
MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
BrianEn

The bigger douchebag is always there when that's the system already in place.
BrianEn is offline   Reply With Quote