THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > News, Social issues and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #1
Never Satisfied

Unhappy The School Massacre

Any thoughts from members here about this? Should action be taken against gun ownership? Should action be taken regarding mental health? Should school security be raised? Is America a bad place? All Of The Above? None of the Above? Please share. This shit has really gotten to me this time and I want to know what others think about it.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
Izzy

I think instead of swift actions, a good look needs to be taken first, and I think it would start with the state of the mental health care system. Now, I am speaking in general terms, being Canadian I am unsure how that particular system works in the US.

the way I see it, you can call for a ban on whatever you like, but someone suffering from a mental disease that goes unchecked and untreated can be just as bad. When I say that, I don't mean that in an accusatory way either.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Yam

Maybe a gun ban won't work.
After all, we now have plenty of gun crime in the UK now....and guns are banned here.
I can't get my head round any of this...why would anyone kill their mother.....then kill innocent kids ?
Don't know the answer......obviously the killer has something wrong....nobody in their right mind would carry out these attacks.
Don't know the answers......
Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
Little Dreamer

I can only say that what happened shocked me terribly........it's very sad when it comes to murdered children!
It's twice heavy for their parents and for the life that awaits them
I watched on the news,the funeral of the first two children .....speechless!!

As for the above questions

1.The gun ownership is a imperative,because it is a sacred right of everyone to have a chance to protect the private property.
Should be fair if you ppl solve the question in a referendum,but I dont know whether the USA Constitution allows for this option?

2. To increased the schools security is a must ... we live in difficult times, and more and more people go crazy!
Your population is over 300 million and there is pretty predispose to similar incidents.
Little Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
CaptainChaos
Don't Mention the War

It was and is very sad that mentally unstable people have such easy access to firearms.

Doubly sad that this person chose i fucking PRIMARY school to act out whatever the demons told him to do.

It's all very well saying "increase school security" but what does this teach kids in a primary school about their future when they have to go through an airport type 'scanner' and an armed guard letting them in to learn about Peppa Pig.

This is a seriously Catch-22 situation.

Ban guns? There are still so many out there that the unregistered ones will possibly go on the black market & it'll be more dangerous to everyone.

Don't ban guns? They're all still out there & the retards still have access to them.

It's virtually an unwinnable situation and I have absolutely no idea how to "make it better".
Old 12-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Never Satisfied

It's happening!!! Wal Mart and other retailers are scaling back on assault style weapons.....Is this part of the solution? Yeah, we can have guns and thats fine but to buy some military assault rifle is a bit too much?
Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Nick
Super Moderator

I think assault rifles should be banned.
There is no good reason for any citizen to own an assault rifle.
Handguns should not be banned.
Yes, security should be raised in schools.
Yes, America is still a great place to live, imo.

As for your question on mental health, that is too broad of a subject to make any real accurate statement, me thinks.

Edit: Regarding mental health, coincidentally, a friend of mine posted an article on FB of a mother dealing with a mentally ill child. It's a bit of a long read but interesting and a bit scary too

Link

Fuck Off tm Dipshidiot tm
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
MACHINE

Another pussy w/ a gun kills innocents before killing himself, instead of just killing himself.
The genie is out of the bottle, w/ no real chance to be put back in, imo.
Certianly dont want to take away the right for law-abiding people to own guns (of pretty much any kind).
Too many guns already around to stop anyone w/ bad intentions from obtaining one.
Dont want to turn schools in to the equivalent of prisons.
Dont want a bunch of yahoos running around everywhere w/ concealed weapons in the name of 'security'.
Dont want the lie, known as god, "back in the schools" in an attempt to prevent shootings.
Support more funding/ resources for mental heath services......but will never identify all those that will need the help (not saying that it wont be worth the effort/ expenses, though).
MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
CaptainChaos
Don't Mention the War

Yeah Machine - that's the scary thought I had ... let a load of trained people loose as security, then get the accidental "oh I killed him/her but he/she looked like he/she had a gun" when in fact he/she was getting his/her school books out for his/her next lesson ...
Old 12-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
LilacManalishi

Just thinking about how the victims will never celebrate Christmas really tears me apart. :'(
LilacManalishi is offline   Reply With Quote