THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > News, Social issues and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
Little Dreamer

I can not comment in detail the internal affairs of the States!
but our time is hungry for strong leaders....... someone who can give us
a new direction for development and especially someone strong enough to resist the invading fundamentalists.
Little Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
The Finnish Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
I can not comment in detail the internal affairs of the States!
but our time is hungry for strong leaders....... someone who can give us
a new direction for development and especially someone strong enough to resist the invading fundamentalists.
Well I can't go too much in detail about the American matters either, being from the farthest tip of Europe and all...

I agree that there's a dire need for a strong leader, someone who can stop all this bullshit and reduce the disagreements between each country. And religion should never be mixed with politics - just look at the Middle East to see where it can lead...
The Finnish Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #23
Helloween

Reagan was great, I agree we need another President like him.
Be Careful Tonight!
Helloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #24
Nick
Super Moderator

Reagan was a good president but he was not without his faults either.
A lot of the financial problems we are faced with now have to do with some of his policies. But I liked he was a no nonsense man who put the USA needs before others. I don't mean to sound like a nationalist here (though I am a bit ), but we need to fix a lot of problems here and put the money we are using everywhere else in the world here in the states. I think that sounds logical.
What do you think, Mr. Spock?
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #25
MACHINE

Says the man that talks to an empty chair.
OBAMA will be re-elected.
Fine, w/ me.........he is (easily) a better choice than ROMNEY, just like he was (easily) a better choice than Mc SAME in 2008.
Only real problem I have w/ him is that he is too willing to compromise w/ the CONSERVATARDS in the REPUGNANTCAN PARTY.
Wish, at times, that he was the extremist that he is often accused of being!
MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #26
PK68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS2K View Post
I can tell you from living here. I am living the dream of poverty currently
and it will trickle down to my children.

I never ever lived High on the hog as it were. Our family always chooses what bill to pay month to month like many.
With that said?.
I have a very extensive hard fought and paid for education in physics,forensics,law,electronics, Mcse,Mcdba etc. It doesn't make me special by any means. please no-one not take it as such .

But an education in America doesn't mean DICK anymore.

I call daily to all of my past clients and beat the bushes to survive and keep the dream alive.And food and lights on.

Humans are doomed.

No kidding on the education thing. I've known some dumbass college grads.
PK68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #27
Nick
Super Moderator

In all honesty, I think regardless of whomever is voted in, this country is in for a world of hurt.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
setibevol88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
In all honesty, I think regardless of whomever is voted in, this country is in for a world of hurt.
Exactly. And I have (that is, I've HAD) no faith whatsoever that ANY President, Congressman, Rep of the House or Senate or any other human occupied seat in D.C. is EVER going to manifest a turn of tides fitting enough to serve the greater good.

Politics is like any other 'game' of power. Those who have some want more, and those with more are STILL looking for more as well. Presidents are nothing but figureheads; people who essentially get TOLD how things are going to go, and try to put it in Queen's English terms to us--the people who voted 'em in.

I for one, do NOT vote. I just don't see the point. Obama ain't exactly thrilling me, and Romney....well Jesus....a man who thinks windows ought to be able to be OPENED on a moving JET PLANE doesn't need to be a candidate vying to 'run' a nation...that's a man who needs a straight jacket and meds! I've heard the argument that my NOT voting is "...adding more to the problem than offering a solution..." but I don't buy that shit for a nanosecond. The lame ducks never make it...and the ones with shit-tons of money, pull and connections (all of which are NOT without their conditions, I assure you!!), provided they play the game just so--are the ones who make it in there. Once IN there, I almost imagine a scene right out of 'The Sopranos,' where the newly elected President is pulled aside by long-winded Congressmen and other far more powerful constituents, and essentially gets told something akin to this:

"Awright...listen HERE, fuckstick! This is how it goes. WE tell YOU...what's gonna go down...all YOU gotta do is look handsome for the cameras, give your wife a bit of leash to make like she's gonna make some kinda difference....like...oh, I dunno...for domestic abuse, or..DWI...SOME fuckin' thing...smile a lot...wave...and when WE decide how things're gonna go...you have your speech writer make up whatever they gotta; so that when it comes outta YOUR mouth, it has the capacity to keep the American people quiet...ya GOT me??? Good! Now git otta here!"

Call it pessimistic...call it fatalist....call it what ya want....but things are gonna get FAR uglier before ANY sorts of real, bona-fide differences become remotely apparent. Washington D.C. VERY MUCH counts on American ignorance, apathy, and lethargy (where issues are concerned) to keep their seats...and let's face it...D.C. has had their way of making sure all who decide that running for office is their raison d'etre are VERY much of the same order...power hungry, and knowing how to kiss enough ass at the same time so that any/all advancements made keeps the fat-cats happy and the ones who consistently bust their asses guessing/wondering what their fuckin' tax dollars are really doing. Such has been the relationship, such will BE the relationship.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #29
Nick
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by setibevol88 View Post
Exactly. And I have (that is, I've HAD) no faith whatsoever that ANY President, Congressman, Rep of the House or Senate or any other human occupied seat in D.C. is EVER going to manifest a turn of tides fitting enough to serve the greater good.

Politics is like any other 'game' of power. Those who have some want more, and those with more are STILL looking for more as well. Presidents are nothing but figureheads; people who essentially get TOLD how things are going to go, and try to put it in Queen's English terms to us--the people who voted 'em in.

I for one, do NOT vote. I just don't see the point. Obama ain't exactly thrilling me, and Romney....well Jesus....a man who thinks windows ought to be able to be OPENED on a moving JET PLANE doesn't need to be a candidate vying to 'run' a nation...that's a man who needs a straight jacket and meds! I've heard the argument that my NOT voting is "...adding more to the problem than offering a solution..." but I don't buy that shit for a nanosecond. The lame ducks never make it...and the ones with shit-tons of money, pull and connections (all of which are NOT without their conditions, I assure you!!), provided they play the game just so--are the ones who make it in there. Once IN there, I almost imagine a scene right out of 'The Sopranos,' where the newly elected President is pulled aside by long-winded Congressmen and other far more powerful constituents, and essentially gets told something akin to this:

"Awright...listen HERE, fuckstick! This is how it goes. WE tell YOU...what's gonna go down...all YOU gotta do is look handsome for the cameras, give your wife a bit of leash to make like she's gonna make some kinda difference....like...oh, I dunno...for domestic abuse, or..DWI...SOME fuckin' thing...smile a lot...wave...and when WE decide how things're gonna go...you have your speech writer make up whatever they gotta; so that when it comes outta YOUR mouth, it has the capacity to keep the American people quiet...ya GOT me??? Good! Now git otta here!"

Call it pessimistic...call it fatalist....call it what ya want....but things are gonna get FAR uglier before ANY sorts of real, bona-fide differences become remotely apparent. Washington D.C. VERY MUCH counts on American ignorance, apathy, and lethargy (where issues are concerned) to keep their seats...and let's face it...D.C. has had their way of making sure all who decide that running for office is their raison d'etre are VERY much of the same order...power hungry, and knowing how to kiss enough ass at the same time so that any/all advancements made keeps the fat-cats happy and the ones who consistently bust their asses guessing/wondering what their fuckin' tax dollars are really doing. Such has been the relationship, such will BE the relationship.
I think you are being realistic. I think you know me well enough to know that I am by nature an optimist. But God knows that has been put to the test with the way things have gone. It's really hard to paint a rosy picture for our future. You got one side (Romney) who seems completely out of touch with the people. He makes some pretty stupid comments and in all honesty, he doesn't seem like leadership quality to me. Because one can run a company(s) successfully doesn't mean he can run a country. Then you got the other side (Obama) who really seems way in over his head. Now I don't lay the blame on him entirely because he certainly did inherit a pretty big mess. But his trying to spend his way through problems is not the answer. Fiscal responsibility is what is needed. His biggest mistake, in my opinion, when he first got into office, he should have taken on the job/economy issues first and then deal with healthcare reform. You almost got the impression he wanted to set his legacy with Obamacare first then worry about the other issues. Whether he could have really changed things or not is for another discussion. Now it's too late and with a Republican congress blocking him at every turn, it has become a fucking joke and certainly not the haha kind of joke.

Things are a bigger mess now than they have ever been, domestically and internationally. Anybody who thinks otherwise is blowing smoke up their ass.
I have always believed one should always vote but for the first time since I started voting, I am really torn with these shithead candidates. I don't want Obama because he is leading us to social disaster. I don't want Romney because he will not have a problem making decisions that could really hurt people. It's his nature as a businessman. And he does seem clueless.

Maybe I will just sit here and hold onto my boner until the elections are over :rice:
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #30
Goddess

The biggest support for his campaign Obama could ever get is Mitt Romney.

Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote