THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > News, Social issues and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
Joy
Member
 
Joy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Balkans
Posts: 84
Default

Is really that bad in US? Not that in Europe is much better, but beeing from the eastern part of the continent, I use to live like Dylan says here by default and it's not something new to me.

Anyway, I think the world is rolling down quickly and there is no chance of stopping it, no matter who or from which party. The system is demolishing irreversibly.

That is not necessarily bad.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
Nick
Super Moderator
 
Nick's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Is really that bad in US? Not that in Europe is much better, but beeing from the eastern part of the continent, I use to live like Dylan says here by default and it's not something new to me.

Anyway, I think the world is rolling down quickly and there is no chance of stopping it, no matter who or from which party. The system is demolishing irreversibly.

That is not necessarily bad.
Unemployment is still over 8%.
Many people have stopped looking for work or are working off the books at small wages.
Energy costs are still sky high.
Consumer confidence is still very low.
The stock market is artificially high, imo.
Our government is spending us into oblivion.


These are just some of the very few "highlights" here.

I guess the one of the very few positive things is that mass layoffs have stopped. But really, that is because there are very few people left to layoff.
But still, I will take whatever positive news we can get.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Joy
Member
 
Joy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Balkans
Posts: 84
Default

No too bad. We have 11.3% unemployment in the Union for July, gas prices are going up on regular basis, we have at least tree countires facing bankrupt and the others have to give them money to survive, which is not very sure.

And the chairman of the European commission pleads the Union to become a federation of independent countries.

The mess is full.

The politics with charisma and solid and unchangable positions and oppinions missing, everywhere in the "normal"world.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
Nick
Super Moderator
 
Nick's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
No too bad. We have 11.3% unemployment in the Union for July, gas prices are going up on regular basis, we have at least tree countires facing bankrupt and the others have to give them money to survive, which is not very sure.

And the chairman of the European commission pleads the Union to become a federation of independent countries.

The mess is full.

The politics with charisma and solid and unchangable positions and oppinions missing, everywhere in the "normal"world.
For a country of over 300 million people, over 8% is very bad. And this number is probably closer to 10-11%. As I mentioned, many have stopped looking for work or are working off the books. So they are not accounted for.

We no longer have politicians. All we have now are "rock stars"
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
Joy
Member
 
Joy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Balkans
Posts: 84
Default

"Rock stars" sounds too good for them all.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
Helloween
Junior Member
 
Helloween's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Default

I don't like Obama or Romney, sucks when you have a choice like that, damned if you damned if you don't. Romney is saying so many stupid things and I don't think he'll make it, I'm afraid we'll have 4 more years of Obama, I'll hate to see what shape our Country will be in at the end of his 2nd term. Damn I think I'm gonna find some deserted Island in the South Pacific and move there.
Helloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
BS2K
Admin
 
BS2K's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Behind the ZION curtain.
Posts: 1,191
Default

If you Find one let me know Bill. Im there!.
BS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #18
PriestareGod
Senior Member
 
PriestareGod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 378
Default

I feel VERY lucky to be living in Germany. We made it through the Economic Crisis pretty well. The economy is doing pretty good here. I also have a shitload of bills to pay but we get along. My car is 22 years old though

Isnīt the rising debt in America in part due to the wars that started under Bush? When Obama got elected I hated him. I still donīt like him but Romney seems to be the biggest capatalist ass in the world. If he can reduce the national debt (which is probably pretty much impossible) where is he going to start cutting things. Iīm sure the middle and lower class will feel the brunt of it.
__________________
Judas Priest Fanatic!!!
PriestareGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #19
Little Dreamer
Senior Member
 
Little Dreamer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 843
Default

let me share my humble opinion. USA needs a new Ronald Reagan.
Only a strong person can turn things for the better.
and because the States define the majority of world politics that will affect us all!
Little Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #20
The Finnish Ripper
Senior Member
 
The Finnish Ripper's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
let me share my humble opinion. USA needs a new Ronald Reagan.
Only a strong person can turn things for the better.
and because the States define the majority of world politics that will affect us all!
A strong person who also has the support of the Senate and the Representatives is needed. Without the support of those, it doesn't matter how strong the President is when most of his/her proposals are shot down by the parliament.
__________________
[quote=Rob Halford, Tucson, Arizona, 1st February 1983]Why are you sitting down? Let's get on your feet, come on, nobody sits down at a Judas Priest concert![/quote]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#FFFFFF][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][COLOR=#FFFFFF]The fury songs, venomous wrongs so rich in tragedy,
An overture forever more to senseless victories.[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
The Finnish Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12 by vBS
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.