THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:15 PM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > SELF EXPRESSION > THE X QUORUM ARTISTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
magister

Default Nameless

Hi!

I've got a band called Nameless - 1 guitar, 1 bass, drums and vocals. We've just uploaded on Youtube demo of one of our songs. We wanted for it to sound like us performing live so there is not really much of that studio magic, just the raw thing. It was my first experience with home recording (I was producing the demo), hence the amateur sound but I hope you like it!

Oh, I am the singer so sorry for my bad English pronunciation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2vmxJwNs4
https://www.facebook.com/namelessbandpl/ (all the posts are in Polish but every "like" would be very appreciated!)
magister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
CaptainChaos
Don't Mention the War

magister - sorry for hugely late reply, but I have every respect for people who do their own stuff & some of that song "Void" has some brilliant moments in it.

There are quite a lot of "tempo changes" throughout, aren't there?

If you can get into a studio sometimes, I'd love to hear that.

And thank you for putting that on here.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
magister

Thank you for your response! Glad to hear every single good word .

Yes, there are some tempo changes and it was a real bitch to set a tempo track in Cubase for recording. But it would be hard to point out something that wasn't a real bitch during the recording. Broken string, dumb bassist with a not adjusted bass guitar, weird behaviour of my soundcard, multiple Cubase crashes, recording vocals while barely conscious from exhaustion etc. Great fun nevertheless .

We plan to record an EP (maybe something bigger) in Summer 2014. Most of the time between now and then I'll be about 130km apart from the rest of the guys so we won't have much time for rehearsals.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
CaptainChaos
Don't Mention the War

I have no idea what Cubase is or what it does.

Is it an expensive drum machine with far more programmable time changes/tempos than a normal "boom boom chit, boom boom chit" drum machine that I grew up with?
Old 09-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
magister

Cubase is the software that I did everything in (Digital Audio Workstation, they call it).

The drums were the funniest part. Our drummer, the night before the recording, sent me the drum tracks for the drum machine (Superior Drummer 2.0, you can do virtually anything with a DAW type of software and such a drum machine). Something got messed up with his software and the tracks were completely wrong, along with the tempos. Next day, we went to the rehearsal room (which looks like a post-apocalyptic mess, imagine a small room on the second floor of a half-abandoned train station in a rather small Polish town) to start the recording of guitar/bass/vocals and realised the tracks are shit. The drummer was away and couldn't even answer the phone. Making terrible substitute drum tracks (of course the final recording has the proper tracks) and setting up the tempos sloppily was real fun, though more that "laughing through tears" type of fun .
Old 09-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
CaptainChaos
Don't Mention the War

Just speed up the drums to "beyond blast beat" and watch the guitarist suffer