THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > METAL AND MORE!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #21
The Finnish Ripper

Found this on Setlist.fm: Judas Priest Setlist at Hala Arena, Poznań, Poland, May 4th 1988

"Judas Priest´s first show in Poland. Warm-up gig for the Ram It Down/Mercenaries of Metal tour. Video was filmed but never used, possibly for a 2nd single from the Ram It Down album."

Interesting...
The Finnish Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #22
RJ Priest

Very interesting! It would be cool if Priest unleashed all the goodies out of the vault.
[SIZE=1][b]United[/b] - 2004 08 18, [b]Retribution[/b] - 2005 06 05, [b]Metal Masters[/b] - 2008 08 13, [b]British Steel 30th[/b] - 2009 07 09, [b]Epitaph[/b] - 2011 11 22, [b]Redeemer 2k14[/b] - 2014 10 06, [b]Redeemer 2k15[/b] - 2015 11 12[/SIZE]
[size=2][CENTER][b][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Firepower Tour 2018 - Ottawa 2018 03 25[/color][/b][/center][/size]
RJ Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #23
Ilkka

After looking through my bootleg collection, I thought to list some other Pro videos (clips mostly) that the Finnish Ripper didn't mention earlier:

10/26/82 Montreal, QuebecVerdun Auditorium

short clips of Electric Eye appear on a Canadian TV report

11/03/90 Reno, NVLawlorEventsCenter

short clips of HBFL appear on a MTV report

12/20/90 Miami, FL Arena

short clips appear on a Canadian TV report

01/14/91 Albany, NY Knickerbocker Arena

a short clip of BTROD appears on the Dream Deceivers documentary film

02/20/91 Vienna, Austria Bank-Austria Zelt

One song live (HBFL) on an Austrian TV report

03/26/91 Sheffield, England City Hall

HBFL partial live on a TV program (not sure which channel/program, also has Rob interview)

07/28/91 Dallas, TX Starplex Theater

MTV HBB report + live clips

02/15/98 Cleveland, OH Agora Theater

MTV report has a few short live clips

03/29/98 Prague, Czech Republic

MTV report has a few short live clips

04/02/98 Hamburg, Germany

3 songs live from German TV

04/15/98 Ludwigshafen, Germany

2 songs live from German TV

12/11/01 Tokyo, Japan Nakano Sun Plaza Hall

3 songs live from Japanese TV

01/19/02 San Francisco. CA

Reality Check TV report + live clips

06/10/04 Sölvesborg, SwedenSweden Rock

Very short clips from TV report

06/05/04 Bologna, Italy Gods of Metal Festival

MTV report + live clips

04/07/05 Brno, Czech Republic Hala Rondo

Electric Eye live

05/19/05 Tokyo, Japan Nihon Budokan

Electric Eye filmed by two different local TV channels (two versions)

09/03/05 Mexico City, Mexico

Full show filmed by local TV channel

07/13/08 Istanbyl, Turkey Kurucesme Arena

Very short clips from TV news report
Ilkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #24
Ilkka

Could the Finnish Ripper elaborate on these "other 86 clips that appear on interviews", I am not aware of any.
Ilkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #25
The Finnish Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka View Post
Could the Finnish Ripper elaborate on these "other 86 clips that appear on interviews", I am not aware of any.
I saw some screencaps on the "Judas Priest biggest photo library" on Facebook. They were labelled as "proshot Turbo tour from an interview with Rob not Priest Live". Admitedly it's a quite weak evidence and I can't find them now as there's hundreds of photos from the Turbo tour alone in that library, but I decided to include them on my list anyway.

Could Metalmadtom elaborate on this? He runs the library and the screencaps were probably from his collection.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #26
metalmadtom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish Ripper View Post
I saw some screencaps on the "Judas Priest biggest photo library" on Facebook. They were labelled as "proshot Turbo tour from an interview with Rob not Priest Live". Admitedly it's a quite weak evidence and I can't find them now as there's hundreds of photos from the Turbo tour alone in that library, but I decided to include them on my list anyway.

Could Metalmadtom elaborate on this? He runs the library and the screencaps were probably from his collection.
I can't say anymore on this I have no clue what date it's from..
metalmadtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:56 AM   #27
MORRISON

During 1984 "USA's Night Flight" aired a 10 minute special called "The Making of the Love Bites Video". I remember watching it and some of the content. Now that Night Flight is back with their archives available to watch for $2.99 a month, I have been requesting that they make that available but... they have not, as of yet.

BREAKING THE LAW! New version coming out soon. With an additional live version as well.
MORRISON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:44 AM   #28
tasnam

I guess my only question is....where do you guys get this stuff????

I search the web and can't find anything.....

Do people work inside the music industry at record labels and sneak out stuff on thumb drives from the vaults? (I actually mean that seriously as a question)

How the heck does stuff appear out of no where after 20+ years?
tasnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:52 AM   #29
BS2K
Admin

BS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #30
The Finnish Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnam View Post
I guess my only question is....where do you guys get this stuff????

I search the web and can't find anything.....

Do people work inside the music industry at record labels and sneak out stuff on thumb drives from the vaults? (I actually mean that seriously as a question)

How the heck does stuff appear out of no where after 20+ years?
Most of the stuff is sourced from TV broadcasts which have been recorded by people (originally on VHS, then digital recordings) over the years. This is why there's very little footage from the 70s, because even if something was broadcast then, most people had no means to record it so most of the current footage available is from later rebroadcasts. Of course, in rare cases TV station employees have been able to take a copy straight from the master tapes with infinitely better quality (the S-VHS version of Dortmund '83 was probably sourced in this manner).

Another source is internal venue feeds, which usually aren't meant for public release but occasionally an employee at the venue might be able to sneak in and make a copy of the feed which they can then pass on. Sometimes this happens almost instantly, while sometimes it'll take years.

A perfect example is the Irvine Meadows 1991 show, of which only four songs were previously available (sourced from ABC's In Concert TV program). However, only recently the entire concert just appeared out of nowhere. The source of the footage? In-house feed, the same that was used as the source for the ABC TV special. Basically, 25 years ago (around the time I was born!) someone working at the venue (or maybe ABC) took himself a VHS copy of the entire concert from the internal feed. Then, some years later said VHS tape or a copy of it ended up in a flea market in Ohio where it was picked up by someone else for $1. Fast forward to 2016, this someone contacted another person asking if he could turn some of his old tapes into DVDs, mentioning that one of the tapes is an uncirculated pro-shot show. A few weeks later, the now-digitized VHS is in circulation on a bootleg torrent hub.

So how do people get the end product then? Torrent hubs specializing in bootlegs allow you to get a lot of stuff with little effort (you just need a good internet connection so you can keep a good upload/download ratio), while personal contacts with other collectors allow you to possibly trade things that aren't in wide circulation.