THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > METAL AND MORE!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2018, 02:40 AM   #31
tasnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Glider View Post
Lone Wolf has become one of my favorites, very bluesy, old school. Children of the Sun is like that too. Like I said, I'm now really enjoying from Evil Never Dies to Lone Wolf. Firepower itself is OK, I guess. I can take it or leave it. Lightning Strike is just, for me, once again a reheating of Hell Patrol, much like the Redeemer title track. They go to that well a lot. But the album comes into it's own at Evil Never Dies onward. Rising from Ruins has really started to grow on me too. Other favorites I guess so far would be Necromancer, Flamethrower (pretty great musically, pretty cheesy lyrically), and Traitors Gate. Just wishing they ended the album with something other than Sea of Red. Sea of Red is a clunker, not a good finisher. They killed the ends of AOR and Redeemer like that too.
Some good points (regarding ending albums with sluggish tones) - what do you think of Spectre?
I love it AND Never the Hero's
tasnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #32
Spectral Glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnam View Post
Some good points (regarding ending albums with sluggish tones) - what do you think of Spectre?
I love it AND Never the Hero's
I like Spectre, very catchy pre-chorus. Never the Heroes is very good too, pretty much always love the songs where you can hear Ian more.
Spectral Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #33
MORRISON

I think the last track to end on an upbeat should have been No Surrender.

BREAKING THE LAW! New version coming out soon. With an additional live version as well.
MORRISON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:39 PM   #34
tasnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORRISON View Post
I think the last track to end on an upbeat should have been No Surrender.

Correct!!!

Would be like Reckless from Turbo (very underrated song and overlooked by most every Priest "fan")
Old 03-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #35
MORRISON

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasnam View Post
Correct!!!

Would be like Reckless from Turbo (very underrated song and overlooked by most every Priest "fan")
Reckless is one of the best from the album. Would have made a great "official" video with film footage spliced in with a performance.

BREAKING THE LAW! New version coming out soon. With an additional live version as well.
MORRISON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #36
CaptainChaos
Don't Mention the War

I have to say that I like the new album - it hasn't got classics like the OLD albums (SWOD, VOC etc), but this is no longer the 70s, I guess.

It has been on constant play in my car at Volume #11, which s the only way to listen to it, and I do like it - there are songs that grow on you the more you play them.

There aren't really any "fillers" on it thank goodness, so that would have REALLY pissed me off.

A good album - not classic - good.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:44 PM   #37
tasnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
I have to say that I like the new album - it hasn't got classics like the OLD albums (SWOD, VOC etc), but this is no longer the 70s, I guess.

It has been on constant play in my car at Volume #11, which s the only way to listen to it, and I do like it - there are songs that grow on you the more you play them.

There aren't really any "fillers" on it thank goodness, so that would have REALLY pissed me off.

A good album - not classic - good.
Three chorus's I keep signing: Spectre, Never the Hero's and Fire Power