THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > Welcome to the X Quorum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
MORRISON

Unhappy Glenn Tipton suffering from Parkinson's Disease

Monday, February 12, 2018

Ten years ago Glenn was diagnosed to have the onset of the early stages of Parkinsonís - from then until recently Glenn has lived his life as the great heavy metal guitar player he has always been, maintaining by his own definition a standard of quality and performance that is incredibly important.

Right now Glenn is able to play and perform some of the Priest songs that are less challenging but due to the nature of Parkinson's progression he wants to let you all know that he won't be touring as such -

True to the metal spirit of 'the show must go on' Glenn has requested Andy Sneap to fly the flag on stage for him

ďI want everyone to know that itís vital that the Judas Priest tour go ahead and that I am not leaving the band - itís simply that my role has changed. I donít rule out the chance to go on stage as and when I feel able to blast out some Priest! So at some point in the not too distant future Iím really looking forward to seeing all of our wonderful metal maniacs once againĒ

Rob, Richie, Ian and Scott have this to say:

ďWe have been privileged to witness Glennís determination and steadfast commitment over the years, showing his passion and self belief through the writing, recording and performing sessions with Priest - he is a true metal hero! We are not surprised by Glennís insistence that we complete the Firepower tour and thank Andy for joining us to make Glennís wishes become real - As Glenn has said we also canít wait to have him with us at any time any place on the road..... We love you Glenn!Ē

BREAKING THE LAW! New version coming out soon. With an additional live version as well.
MORRISON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
tasnam

Not surprising, but sad to hear.
tasnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:40 PM   #3
BS2K
Admin

Well now we know why Glenn has been doing the 3 note solo in Victim of changes for 10 years.. its all he could remember. .......................................... Too Soon?
BS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #4
CaptainChaos
Don't Mention the War

Not at all - isn't Parkinson the one when your hands shake?

MAYBE he'll be able to start doing BLINDING solos cos his fingers are just shaking like fukk!!

AND it'll be a different solo EVERY NIGHT!!!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #5
RJ Priest

Parkinson's is strange, because some people carry on with it (such as Michael J. Fox), but other people get dementia and really messed up.

Major bummer for Glen. Hopefully he'll get the best case scenario of it.
[SIZE=1][b]United[/b] - 2004 08 18, [b]Retribution[/b] - 2005 06 05, [b]Metal Masters[/b] - 2008 08 13, [b]British Steel 30th[/b] - 2009 07 09, [b]Epitaph[/b] - 2011 11 22, [b]Redeemer 2k14[/b] - 2014 10 06, [b]Redeemer 2k15[/b] - 2015 11 12[/SIZE]
[size=2][CENTER][b][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Firepower Tour 2018 - Ottawa 2018 03 25[/color][/b][/center][/size]
RJ Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:03 AM   #6
tasnam

March 10th 2018 -

Glenn Tipton personal website is offline.....(first time I can remember)
tasnam is offline   Reply With Quote