THE ~XQ~

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Go Back   THE ~XQ~ > GENERAL > METAL AND MORE!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
The Finnish Ripper

Default Judas Priest - Reading Festival 1975 Video

Spotted this on my Facebook feed:
[YOUTUBE]8qxHT478EcI[/YOUTUBE]

Only a bit under 3 minutes but still very cool!
The Finnish Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
BS2K
Admin

That was AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing that one!.
BS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:09 PM   #3
Spectral Glider

Wow, who dug that up and where did they get it? Pretty impressive. I take it that's Moore on drums?
Spectral Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
The Finnish Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Glider View Post
Wow, who dug that up and where did they get it? Pretty impressive. I take it that's Moore on drums?
It comes from a Japanese bootleg release. The story goes that a Japanese rock fan happened to be in the UK around this time and recorded a bit of both audio and video.

And that is John Hinch at the drums, this was in fact one of his last gigs with the band. He decided to bugger off / was sacked (depending on who you ask) in September and Alan Moore joined the band for a second time (he originally had a short stint with the band in late 1971) to replace him.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:21 AM   #5
Spectral Glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish Ripper View Post
It comes from a Japanese bootleg release. The story goes that a Japanese rock fan happened to be in the UK around this time and recorded a bit of both audio and video.

And that is John Hinch at the drums, this was in fact one of his last gigs with the band. He decided to bugger off / was sacked (depending on who you ask) in September and Alan Moore joined the band for a second time (he originally had a short stint with the band in late 1971) to replace him.
Very cool, thanks for the info! Love to see this stuff as there is usually so little from the old Priest vault.
Spectral Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #6
RJ Priest

Wow! A true visual treasure! Thank you for sharing.

These days, we can capture HD footage on the fly at any moment, I bet that everyone takes it for granted. Seeing anything (family history, sports, bands, etc) pre-80's not pro-shot is a real priceless thing.
[SIZE=1][b]United[/b] - 2004 08 18, [b]Retribution[/b] - 2005 06 05, [b]Metal Masters[/b] - 2008 08 13, [b]British Steel 30th[/b] - 2009 07 09, [b]Epitaph[/b] - 2011 11 22, [b]Redeemer 2k14[/b] - 2014 10 06, [b]Redeemer 2k15[/b] - 2015 11 12[/SIZE]
[size=2][CENTER][b][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Firepower Tour 2018 - Ottawa 2018 03 25[/color][/b][/center][/size]
RJ Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:46 AM   #7
PK68

Yeah my ex-girlfriend shared that one on my FB feed the other day. Wild.

I am the darkness, born out of light!!!
PK68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:50 PM   #8
metalmadtom

Quote:
Spotted this on my Facebook feed:
[YOUTUBE]8qxHT478EcI[/YOUTUBE]

Only a bit under 3 minutes but still very cool!
Is there anymore info on this footage ?
2015-11-30 UK. Portsmouth Guidhall
2015-12-01 UK. London Brixton Academy
metalmadtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #9
The Finnish Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmadtom View Post
Is there anymore info on this footage ?
Not much apart from what I already wrote earlier in this thread. The footage is sourced from a (hideously expensive) Japanese bootleg CD+DVD release. The CD portion includes the more commonly circulated low-quality full-length audience recording as well as another audio recording that's in better quality but is incomplete. The DVD portion includes the video seen above, sourced from a silent 8mm recording that's been synced with the incomplete audio recording.

Both the incomplete audio recording and the video footage were recorded by a Japanese rock music fan who happened to be in the UK around the time of the Reading Festival. That's all I know.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:20 PM   #10
Ilkka

Quote:
Not much apart from what I already wrote earlier in this thread. The footage is sourced from a (hideously expensive) Japanese bootleg CD+DVD release. The CD portion includes the more commonly circulated low-quality full-length audience recording as well as another audio recording that's in better quality but is incomplete. The DVD portion includes the video seen above, sourced from a silent 8mm recording that's been synced with the incomplete audio recording.

Both the incomplete audio recording and the video footage were recorded by a Japanese rock music fan who happened to be in the UK around the time of the Reading Festival. That's all I know.
To be more specific, the full-length version is the one sourced from Mikesline tape version, not the more common source that is from the old LP bootleg. So there are in total 3 different audience sources + an alleged Sb source that I have incoming.

Moreover, I have the CD + DVD Reading Rock boot in lossless, no need for anyone to buy it, I'm always up for trades.
Ilkka is offline   Reply With Quote